About My Project

This is a project for my leadership class at AHS. Basically I have to plan and organize some kind of event that includes other students at AHS. The basic concept is either to do one of the events listed above for either just the Robotics Team, or just the Junior Class at AHS.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reflection: The Semester and My Project

Hey everyone, this is my last post. I am posting about both my final leadership project, and my semester (maybe get extra credit for the second part?) So here we go.

So my movie night was a bust. I talked to Claire Fernandez, who is in charge of Culture Club, and she later met with the rest of the club, they decided to reject the idea. Stuff like that happen, you know? Anyway, as you know, my project was to have a Serenity Movie Night at Culture Club, but seeing as that did not happen, it wont happen. Hopefully, I can get another one of those started up later in the year. The reason for this not happening though is not at all on Culture Club's shoulders. Its actually on mine. I should have planned this thing earlier. And if I had, I would have been able to actually go through with this project. That is my biggest regret this semester: not planning ahead. That concludes this project. It is officially closed.

Now here is my reflection for the semester. I am going to tell the truth, at first, I hated this class. I still don't like it that much, I can't really understand why. But I do not regret taking this class at all. Maybe I would have changed it, because I am more interested in CAD or Programing, but I still don't regret this. My favorite part of this class was going to North Hill on Thursdays. The way those kid's faces lit up just brings warmth to my heart...not even kidding. For these past couple weeks, I have specifically been on Recess duty. Every week I would organize a game or two and all the kids would scream and laugh, it was fun. Today, I had to tell some of the kids that I am leaving, the looks on their faces broke my heart. I will miss this class and those kids.

Thank you for reading my blog. This is Jared Sharp, and I am signing out. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment